- Spanish Arch
- Galway City Museum
- Eyre Square
- Galway Cathedral
- Connemara National Park
- Aran Islands, located off the coast of Galway include Inishmore,Inishmaan and Inisheer.
- From the River Gailimh(River Corrib,the name ‘Gaillimh means strong as in river strong.
- The population in Galway City is 75,000 and is Ireland’s third largest City.
- Galway City becomes European City of Culture in 2020.
- The National University of Ireland, Galway is located here and was founded in 1845 as Queen’s College.
- Eyre’s Square’s official name is John F. Kennedy Park.
- Muckanagghederdauhaulia is the longest place name in Ireland and is in County Galway.